Sunnysideup: I Choose to be Happy!
(is now back in Manila!)

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

sunnysideup perspectives: The Gift of Travel

When I have children, if there is one privilege or gift I would give them, it would be the gift of travel. Of course needless to say, I also want my children to go to the best school, attend summer workshops, play and appreciate every moment of their childhood . . . etc. I want to help and provide them with the opportunity to discover themselves and be the best they can be.

I just came to thinking that who I am, how I view and live life today was greatly affected by my exposure and travel to different places and countries. Big thanks to my parents, former employers, and my hubby, I was able to visit difference parts of the globe, particularly countries in Asia, Europe and North America. Travel not only brings joy and pleasure, more importantly, I think it provides us with a bigger perspective - it makes us more openminded, knowledgeable, and even tolerant of differences in culture, beliefs and attitudes. It challenges our original beliefs and truths - those we learned in school, organizations, and churches. Travel can help create and develop our views, beliefs and personal truths. It allows us to experience life in different ways. It reminds us that the world is not us and it does not revolve around us. We are just a part of a whole and there is so much more to see, understand, and enjoy.

1 comment:

Arlini Santorini said...

"Travel can help create and develop our views, beliefs and personal truths. It allows us to experience life in different ways". - true!