Sunnysideup: I Choose to be Happy!
(is now back in Manila!)

Friday, January 2, 2009

Thank you series: I take a trip around the world in Macau

If you are a regular guest of this blog, you will notice that I have written about Macau in this blog a number of times. To date I have visited the place at least 5 times - that is since October 2008. It's such a small place that I've grown to appreciate more and more.

What I love about this place is that it reminds me of Manila - particularly Binondo or Manila's Chinatown - yet it also allows me to visit the world. Take Fisherman's Wharf for instance, a visit here will allow you to see Spain, Portugal, New Zealand and the Middle East in one day. While a day in Venetian takes you to beautiful Venice.

For more photos, visit my photo blog of Venetian and my photo blog of Fisherman's Wharf.

If your planning to travel soon, a vacation in Macau is something to consider. There are lots of hotels to choose from. From the pricey and extraordinary - perfect for honeymooners - like Venetian and Rocks hotel, to the practical Metropole hotel - perfect for adventurous backpackers.

Note: Breakfast buffet in Metropole is mostly Chinese style. They offer fried noodles, mantao, steam cabbage but you will also find hotdogs and ham.

No comments: